notyeteden

Monday, August 11, 2008

Has the Skulking Culprit Been Found?

For years now, I've wondered how so many people - all of them looking for money - know that I am a retired person. Not that I mind admitting my age - I've earned every one of these gray hairs - but when the information is used to inundate my mailbox with packets about hearing aids and tests, burial plans, motorized scooters, investment seminars, suggestions for bequests in my will, assisted living faciliities, etc. ad nauseum, I want to yell STOP!

Well, today a friend in Florida wrote that she's just learned the information is freely available in that state via the agency in charge of drivers' licenses. Not fair! Now to prowl for the answer in Texas. When I want information on any of that stuff, I'll seek it out on my own. Too late to stop the deluge in my case, but the state legislators should know about what a nuisance it is.

Wonder if they sell the lists, as the charities do? Yuska

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home