notyeteden

Friday, April 07, 2006

Whew!

While sipping that first cup of coffee this morning and reading the paper, I happened to glance at the patio door. The cutest little critter was staring in at me. Small furry black body, with a big white "V" on its back. Fluffy tail. At that moment my cat, Molly, approached the door, and hissed. After a long stand-off stare, the visitor turned and trotted off.

I was glad I could say "Whew!" and not "P-U!" I knew that a possum has been enjoying some of the tangerines before I can get to them (not that I mind - there are many more than I can use) but I hadn't seen a skunk since I first moved here nine years ago. Seems if you make your place pleasant for birds and butterflies, other critters - squirrels, geckos, toads, spiders and yes, even snakes - will like it, too. Hey, gang - this is a city! (8th largest in the U.S., as a matter of fact.) To which the critters would probably reply: "And it is also Texas!" E/B/Y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home