notyeteden

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Can it be TRUE?

That the aspirin people - Bayer - are making poisons that are killing our honeybees?

http://www.naturalnews.com/024362.html


I would expect better world citizenship from this firm! Where is the USDA in messes such as this? I know that the USDA began decades ago as a strong proponent of chemicals - but so much has been learned over the years that a shift in attitude/direction should have occurred by now.

When I garden, I am careful to leave wasps and other stingers alone to gather nectar and transport pollen, especially since bees are entirely absent and have been for a long time. The compounds that Bayer is concocting are systemic, traveling through the plant tissues to the blossoms - bees don't have a chance.

Does Bayer not care that a food shortage is a dreadful likelihood?

Even if it were not a danger to insects, the stuff is without doubt in the final food product of the plant, and I for one don't want to swallow it!

I am very angry about this, and must think of as many ways as possible to protest the practice. I'm sure Bayer is not the only sinner, but I have to start somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home