notyeteden

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Olio

Olio - n. Hodgepodge, miscellany. Just some catchup items.

The tax adjustment bill did pass. Now it will be interesting to see just much (if any) improvement there will be in my tax bill when it appears for the November payment date.

Computer problems - big time. The fiber optic modem was malfunctioning. After spending some time on the phone with a courteous and knowledgeable technician, a couple of fellows actually came to check it out. They replaced the adapter and left a new modem as well. If only Dell could perform as well. A couple of days later, Regina's monitor would not open - I suspected a problem in the processor because the drive slides won't open either. After nearly an hour on the phone with a rather rude technician in Bangalore (his accent was so extreme I had to ask him to spell some of the words he was trying to pronounce - he made snide references to my limited abilities) I said goodbye. Called Dell again and asked that a technician be sent out; was told I had first to tell them what parts were needed, and that I should open the processor cabinet. When I protested that I might break something, I was assured that Dell would pay for any damage. Oh, yeah? You expect me to believe that with your lousy service record? Over $300 for the extended warranty that is apparently just about worthless. So, I'm planning to have a local tech come out....won't be cheap, but I can have a checkup done here for Diana as well. Then I have to deal with Microsoft about the MSN connection service trying to revert to dialup. Really did want to work on other projects this week!

Came across an interesting blog today about using natural methods to simplify living. Liked it so much tha I've linked it here. Yuska

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home